Published 1:14 PM EDT Sep 20, 2019
Two days after National Cheeseburger Day, it’s time for another cheesy and meaty day.
Friday is National Pepperoni Pizza Day and, as expected, there are deals for America’s favorite topped pizza.
The deals – available at participating locations – aren’t as plentiful as they were for two larger pizza days, National Pizza Day in February and Pi Day on March 14.
According to Womply, a small business software provider, it might also be a slower-than-normal day for pizza parlors based on its analysis from 2018.
Through Friday, Benihana is celebrating its two-day National Fried Rice Day and giving away free servings of hibachi chicken rice with purchase of an entrée. Learn more at www.benihana.com/nfrd.
New food mashups: KFC is testing Chicken & Donuts and Pizza Hut has a new Stuffed Cheez-It Pizza
Coming soon to a store near you: Apeel Sciences has developed longer-lasting avocados. Here’s where they’re coming next.
National Pepperoni Pizza Day deals
A few of Wednesday’s National Cheeseburger Day deals are still available and here are the deals available at participating locations Friday, unless otherwise noted. To be on the safe side, always check with your closest location. Also, some will require you to have a restaurant’s app or be signed up for emails.
• 7-Eleven: Members of 7Rewards, the convenience chain’s loyalty program, get a slice of pizza for 50 cents through the app. Download the app and learn more about the program at www.7-eleven.com/7rewards.
• BJ’s Restaurant & Brewhouse: Through Sept. 30, donate $1 or more to No Kid Hungry and get a free Pizookie coupon to use on a future visit. Also through Oct. 6, get a $3 Pizookie.
• Blaze Pizza: Through Sept. 29, get a large pepperoni shareable pizza for $8.95 and free delivery. Shareable pizzas are only available online.
• Cicis Pizza: Get a free unlimited kid’s buffet with purchase of an adult buffet and large drink Friday with a coupon. There’s also a carryout deal through Sunday: Buy any size pepperoni pizza and get a second for 50%. Both coupons are available at www.cicis.com/offers.
• DoorDash: This deal isn’t only for National Pepperoni Pizza Day and continues through Sept. 30: Place an order through DoorDash and use promo code FEEDAMERICA and DoorDash will provide 10 meals to Feeding America per order and customers will get a $5 credit to use on an order in October.
• Domino’s: Three-topping carryout pizzas are $7.99, the company announced in a tweet.
• Grimaldi’s: Get $2 off draft beer, $3 off glasses of wine, $3 off antipasto and bruschetta and $15 bottles of wine Friday.
• Hungry Howie’s: Through Sunday, get a large pepperoni or cheese pizza for $5.55 with code 555LG for carryout only. Limit five.
• Jet’s Pizza: Get a large pizza with bold pepperoni for $10.99 using code PEP.
• Marco’s Pizza: Friday through Sunday, get a Large Pepperoni Magnifico for $9.99 at participating locations with offer code MAG999.
• Mountain Mike’s Pizza: From Friday through Oct. 4, get $5 off any Mountain-size pizza with coupon code 624368 and $3 off any large pizza with code 889573 for dine-in, delivery and carryout.
• Papa John’s: The chain has two Pepperoni Day specials Friday: Get a large, one-topping pizza for $8 with promo code 1LG8 or upgrade to a large Ultimate Pepperoni Pizza for $10 with code PEPDAY.
• Papa Murphy’s: Through Sept. 23, get 50% off online orders with a $20 minimum purchase with promo code 50YUM.
• Pie Five Pizza: Purchase pepperoni pizza through the Pie Five app Friday and you’ll be entered to win a seven-night European cruise for two.
• Pieology: The chain will have a contest on its Instagram page Friday where one person will be chosen at random to win a $30 gift card. Learn more about the contest at www.pieology.com/freepizzafriday.
• Pizza Hut: Members of the Hut Rewards loyalty program will get an email deal. Buy any regular-priced pizza and get a $1 medium pepperoni pizza Friday.
• Pizza Inn: Get two large two-topping pizzas for $8.99 each Friday.
• Round Table Pizza: Through Sunday, get 15% off with code 15CHEESE. Also through Oct. 31, sign up for email offers at www.roundtablepizza.com/rofsweeps and be entered for a chance to win free pizza for a year.
• Slice: A mobile app that works with more than 10,000 pizzerias is offering new users $5 off with promo code PEPDAY2019 through Sept. 30. Download the app at www.slicelife.com.
• Villa Italian Kitchen: There’s a buy-one-get-one free deal on pepperoni slices Friday.
• More deals: Some smaller chains and locally owned businesses also will have deals Friday. One of the easiest ways to find specials is by checking social media accounts.
Pizza sign-ups, rewards and more
Here’s how to save year-round with pizza rewards programs and ongoing specials:
• Blaze Pizza: Download the Blaze app and join the rewards program for discounts and freebies.
• California Pizza Kitchen: Get a free small plate for signing up for CPK Rewards at www.cpk.com.
• Casey’s: Find deals at www.caseys.com/deals
• Chuck E. Cheese’s: Join More Cheese Rewards and get a free personal one-topping pizza on your next visit, earn $10 after every three visits within one year with a $20 minimum spend, rewards for your child’s birthday and half-birthday and more. Sign up at www.chuckecheese.com/more-cheese-rewards.
• Domino’s: Earn points toward a free pizza with the Piece of the Pie Rewards program.
• Donatos: Find special offers at www.donatos.com/offers.
• Giordano’s: Join the chain’s G-Club at www.giordanos.com/join.
• Godfather’s Pizza: Join Godfather’s Pizza Rewards and get a free one-topping pizza with the purchase of breadsticks or cheesesticks. Offer varies by location. Find coupons at https://shop.godfathers.com/coupons/.
• Hungry Howie’s: Sign up for Howie Rewards at www.hungryhowies.com/howierewards.
• Imo’s Pizza: Register for the chain’s rewards program at www.imospizza.com/rewards.
• Jet’s Pizza: Sign up for the e-club at www.jetspizza.com/eclub.
• Marco’s Pizza: Join the email club for discounts at www.marcos.com/email-club.
• Mazzio’s Italian Eatery: Find coupons and deals at www.mazzios.com. Also get a $5 off $10 coupon for joining the email club.
• Papa John’s: With Papa Rewards, earn points toward free pizza, desserts and more. Sign up at www.papajohns.com/papa-rewards.
• Pieology: Join Pieology’s Pie Life rewards program at www.pieology.com/pie-life.
• Pizza Hut: Sign up for Hut Rewards to earn free pizza at www.pizzahut.com.
• Pizza Inn: Earn freebies and get exclusive offers with Pizza Inn Rewards. Sign up at www.pizzainn.com/rewards.
• Pizza Ranch: Find deals and coupons at www.pizzaranch.com.
• Round Table Pizza: Sign up for offers at www.roundtablepizza.com.
• Sbarro’s: Join The Slice Society and get a coupon within 24 hours for a free NY XL slice with purchase of a beverage. Sign up at www.sbarro.com.
• Toppers Pizza: Find deals at www.toppers.com.
• Uno Pizzeria & Grill: Join Uno’s Insider Club for “deep savings and delicious rewards.” Also get a free gift for signing up at www.unos.com.
• Yard House: Pizzas are half-priced during traditional and late night happy hours. Happy hour days and times vary by location and are posted at www.yardhouse.com.
Thursday deals: From queso to rice
Before the pizza party gets started Friday, Sept. 19 is Talk Like a Pirate Day, McDonald’s “McDelivery Night In” and Moe’s Southwest Grill has its annual Free Queso Day. Sonic also has its $1 hot dog deal.
• Benihana: Get a free serving of hibachi chicken rice with purchase of an entrée Thursday and Friday. Reservations are recommended. Learn more at www.benihana.com/nfrd.
• Long John’s Silvers: Talk like a pirate Thursday and get a free piece of fish. If you dress like a pirate, get a free two-piece fish basket, according to the chain’s Facebook page.
• McDonald’s: The fast-food giant is holding a “McDelivery Night In” and giving away limited-edition items like socks on McDelivery with Uber Eats orders beginning at 5 p.m. local time, while supplies last. Limit one item per order. Learn more at www.McDeliveryNightIn.com
• Moe’s Southwest Grill: Moe’s celebrates its Free Queso Day. Get a free 6-ounce cup of queso at all Moe’s locations nationwide, no purchase necessary. Learn more at www.moes.com/free-queso-day.
• Sonic Drive-In: Sonic’s All-American Dog and Chili Cheese Coney are $1. Limit five, while supplies last.
Follow USA TODAY reporter Kelly Tyko on Twitter: @KellyTyko